Family-run hotel offering a friendly and professional service
- Half Board
- Ideal location in the heart of Obergurgl, overlooking the ski school and nursery slopes
- Restaurant serving high-quality Tyrolean and international cuisine
- Wellness area with sauna and steam room
- Comfortable lounge, bar and stube
· 1 minute's walk to the nearest lift · 5 minutes' walk down the hill to the main street in resort
All rooms have a satellite TV, minibar, safe, hairdryer, bathrobes and free WiFi.
Twin Room (24-26m²) - sleeps 2: Separable box-spring beds, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and balcony.
Superior Twin Room (32-34m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children up to 14 years): Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and balcony.
Junior Suite (40-42m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children up to 14 years): Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and balcony.
Twin Room (22-26m²) - sleeps 1-2: Separable box-spring beds, private shower or bath, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
· free WiFi · comfortable lounge and bar area · Sky sports in lobby bar · stube with open fireplace · restaurant with panoramic views · wellness area with sauna and steam room · extra cost for solarium · complimentary fruit, tea and juice in wellness area · lift · heated boot room
· buffet breakfast with egg menu · weekly sparkling wine breakfast · daily afternoon snack (3.30pm-5pm) · 5-course evening meals with a choice of main course, daily salad buffet and ice cream buffet · weekly gala dinner · weekly Italian evening · weekly Austrian buffet · 7-course New Year's Eve gala dinner with music and midnight buffet included · free refreshments (fruit, tea and juice) in wellness area
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Good to know
The Hotel Olympia does not accept bookings for groups over 8 people.
Obergurgl is great for beginners and intermediates, which, along with good ski schools, makes for an excellent family ski holiday destination. One of the highest resorts in Austria at 1930m, Obergurgl has an excellent snow record and long season. Linked to Hochgurgl, there are over 100km of runs to enjoy. For more advanced skiers and boarders, there is often some nice off-piste to get that adrenalin pumping, although not much else…
Obergurgl ski resort
The resort itself is pleasing to the eye and offers a sense of alpine charm. Off snow activities are a little sparse, although après ski is jovial without being too hectic. Hotels are generally of a high standard, though there is a lack of independent restaurants (they are pretty much all part of the hotels).