Popular hotel offering good accommodation with easy access to the slopes!
- Half Board
- Lounge & bar area
- Indoor swimming pool
- Sauna & steam room
- Wi-Fi Available
A great favourite with our guests, the Hotel Harfenwirt is run by our good friend Herbert Thaler who entertains weekly with his unconventional harp-playing in the nearby Gasthof Bichlwirt. The hotel has a great location opposite the Tennladen lift and nursery slopes. The ski bus stops outside making it very easy to explore the whole SkiJuwel area.
Alternative Packages Available
- Ideally located opposite the Tennladen lift and nursery slopes
- Only 5 minutes' walk (500m) from the centre with a ski bus stop outside
- Small twins in the original building have separate beds and shower
- Standard Austrian twins in the original building sleep up to 3 people, have bath and balcony
- Larger superior rooms in the new building sleep up to 3 people, have a bath, seating area with sofa bed and balcony
- Single rooms in the original building have a shower
- All bedrooms have cable TV, telephone, radio and hairdryer
- Cable or satellite programmes
- Reception/lounge area
- Residents' restaurant
- à la carte stube
- Two bars, one with TV
- Leisure area with large indoor pool, saunas, steam room and whirlpool (free); solarium (pay locally)
- Wi-Fi internet access in lobby (free)
- Buffet breakfast
- 3 course evening meal with choice of main dish plus salad buffet
- Special Christmas and New Year dinners included
Niederau skiing is probably best suited to beginners and early intermediates, with a highly regarded ski school, nice nursery slopes and gentle blues. There isn't really much for more advanced skiers apart from a bit of off-piste and a couple of black runs, although there is a good snow park down in Auffach (free ski bus)for those that are that way inclined.
Niederau ski resort
The resort itself is picturesque and charming. Accommodation is located close to the slopes and the après ski is good without being too hectic. The sedate and friendly atmosphere makes for a good choice for family ski holidays, as does the short transfer (45 mins to Innsbruck).