Excellent 4* hotel providing quick & easy access to the slopes
- Half Board
- Ski in/Ski out
- Bar & restaurant
- Leisure area with pool, sauna & steam room
- Wi-Fi Available
The Waldhof hotel is family-run and full of attractive traditional features combined with a modern influence. With a great position next to the piste and the main City Express gondola just a short ski or walk away, you can ski back to the hotel at the end of the day making convenience the key to this hotel.
Alternative Packages Available
- Ski in / out with a ski route directly behind the hotel which leads to the main City Express gondola
- For Zell’s Areitbahn gondola and Kaprun ski area, the ski bus stop is just 1 minute walk from the hotel
- The town centre is just 10 minutes’ walk
18-20m² Austrian twins have bath or shower and balcony
- 20-22m² Austrian twins have bath or shower and balcony
25m² Austrian twins sleep up to 4 people, lounge area with double sofa bed, bath or shower and balcony
42m² Junior suites sleep up to 5 people, with Austrian twin beds, lounge area with double and single sofa beds, bath or shower and balcony
- All rooms have TV, telephone, radio, safe and hairdryer
- Cable or satellite programmes
- Room safe
- Leisure area with heated outdoor pool, sauna and steam room (Free)
- Children’s playroom
- Wi-Fi internet access (pay locally)
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 4 course evening meal with choice of main or themed buffet style
- Departures from 7th March are on all-inclusive basis including beer, house wine, soft drinks and packed lunch
About Zell am See
Zell am See skiing
Set by Lake Zell, Zell am See and its bus-linked neighbour Kaprun make up the 'Europa Sport' region, with a total of 130km of runs, 80 of which are at Zell. The setting is one of Zell's biggest selling points, with lovely views of the lake from the medieval town and the slopes above. The ski area caters well for beginners intermediates keen on improving technique in the mostly tree-lined pistes. Advanced skiers have the Kitzsteinhorn glacier located down the road at nearby Kaprun.
Zell am See ski resort
The lakeside town has loads of activities for those not on skis or a board, with lively nightlife, decent restaurants and a full range of accommodation. It is good to check where you are staying in relation to the lifts, as there is a short free bus to access the slopes. For skiing, it is also worth exploring some of the other terrain in the area, like Saalbach, Bad Gastein and Schladming. Overall, Zell is a lovely spot for a winter holiday, with or without skiing.
The beautiful setting gives Zell am See a unique atmosphere not found in many Austrian resorts, and really sets it apart. Despite the smaller ski area, Zell am See remains one of Austria's top 5 resorts, and deservedly so.