Quite simply 5* luxury in one of the best skiing locations!
- Half Board
- Fantastic slopeside location - ski in/ski out
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pools, superb spa world
- Extensive wine cellar with weekly wine tasting
- Free WiFi throughout hotel
The Hotel Bergwelt is one of Obergurgl's leading hotels, and a member of 'Small Luxury Hotels of the World' group. Located above the resort centre, with striking views across the mountains, the Bergwelt is ideally located for those looking for peace and relaxation.
· ski-out · slopeside location overlooking the main street in resort · 5 minutes' walk to the centre and ski bus stop · 8 minutes' walk to the nearest lift, ski school and kindergarten
All rooms have a satellite TV, hairdryer, minibar, free WiFi, bathrobes and slippers and are non-smoking.
Twin Room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath or shower and WC.
Junior Suite - sleeps 2-4: Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
· free WiFi · bar and lounge with open fire · cigar lounge (rest of hotel is non-smoking) · extensive wine cellar with rare and exclusive wines - extra charge for weekly wine tasting · sun deck in lobby · indoor and outdoor pools · fitness room · superb spa world with steam rooms, saunas, whirlpools and relaxation areas · extra charge for massage and beauty treatments · library with books in multiple languages · free kids' club from 3 years (Mon-Fri, 10am-4pm with lunch included and 6-9pm) · extra charge for evening childcare · children's playroom with toys · games room · heated boot room with lockers · lift to all floors
· welcome drink · hot and cold breakfast buffet · daily après snack (3pm-5pm) · 5-course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad buffet · weekly starter and dessert buffets · weekly Italian evening · Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Spa and Wellness
Take some time out of your busy mountain holiday to take care of yourself inside and out at the Bergwelt’s luxury spa.
Spend time with all the family in this superb area which boasts the highest-altitude, salt-water outdoor pool in the Alps, which is heated to 36°C. There’s also access to an indoor pool, whirlpool and even a family-friendly bio-sauna.
Panorama spa - As its name suggests, this nude area has great views over the Ötztal mountains. Lay back and enjoy the heat in the sauna or infrared bench and savour the moisture in the steam room.
Ladies spa - A separate nude
area just for females – just in case you want some more privacy – which
has a Finnish sauna, steam bath, showers and sun beds that look out to
Classic spa - This nude area has a wider selection of relaxation rooms – chill out in the Finnish or bio saunas before luxuriating in the herbal, crystal or stone steam baths. Escape to the Med in the Hammam and then have a lie down on one of the water beds in the meditation room.
Indulge yourself further in the Beauty Salon – an oasis of relaxation that offers both holistic cosmetic and beauty treatments as well as typical wellness treatments. Choose from a menu of facials, massages, professional makeovers, manicures and pedicures, body wraps and eyebrow tinting. And if the kids want to get involved, there are a few treatments for them, too. Additional charges will apply on treatments which can be booked and paid for locally.
Children under the age of 16 years are not allowed in the Panorama, Ladies or Classic spas as these are fully nude areas.
Obergurgl is great for beginners and intermediates, which, along with good ski schools, makes for an excellent family ski holiday destination. One of the highest resorts in Austria at 1930m, Obergurgl has an excellent snow record and long season. Linked to Hochgurgl, there are over 100km of runs to enjoy. For more advanced skiers and boarders, there is often some nice off-piste to get that adrenalin pumping, although not much else…
Obergurgl ski resort
The resort itself is pleasing to the eye and offers a sense of alpine charm. Off snow activities are a little sparse, although après ski is jovial without being too hectic. Hotels are generally of a high standard, though there is a lack of independent restaurants (they are pretty much all part of the hotels).