Attractive rustic hotel in a convenient location
- Half Board
- Indoor swimming pool
- Wi-Fi Available
The Ambassador is a spacious hotel with good facilities and a relaxed atmosphere, located at the foot of Zermatt’s main street.
Alternative Packages Available
- Great location, just 2 minutes' walk (200m) to the Gornergrat mountain railwayand ski bus
- 3 minutes (300m) to the centre of Zermatt
- All rooms have been renovated and have shower, TV, radio, telephone, safe hairdryer and minibar
- South-facing rooms with balcony and Matterhorn view are also available at a supplement
- Recently renovated 1 and 2 bedroom suites are south-facing with balcony and Matterhorn view
- Cable or satellite programmes
- Minibar or fridge
- Indoor swimming pool, whirlpool and sauna with plunge pool (free), massage (pay locally)
- Modern lounge and bar with open fireplace
- Refurbished restaurant/dining room
- Popular à la carte restaurant Chi-ba-bou
- Wi-Fi throughout (free)
- Public PC with internet access (pay locally)
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- Half board if pre-booked is a daily evening 4 course set menu with occasional themed buffet evening
- CHF credit towards the à la carte menu at hotel's restaurant Chi-ba-bou
- Christmas gala dinner and 8 course New Year gala dinner with live music and dancing are included when booking half board
- When booking Bed & Breakfast only, Christmas gala dinner is included and a supplement applies for the New Year gala dinner
- Dress code for restaurants:
- Breakfast service:
- Lunch service:
- Dinner service:
Waiter (if pre-booked)
Zermatt, according to some reporters, is as near as anywhere to perfection, so long as you are an intermediate or advanced skier. With vast and varied skiing that extends via a link with Cervinia into Italy, along with awesome scenery, Zermatt really is a great resort. Let's be honest, there are better choices for complete beginners, but Zermatt DOES have beginners' slopes and a very good ski school, so don't believe those who will try telling you it's not possible to learn to ski here.
The more experienced skiers will love the 400+km of pistes and complete snow guarantee that comes with the high altitude. The Klein Matterhorn cable car is Europe's highest ski lift station at 3,820m. Ski over into Italy for a cruise around Cervinia's well maintained slopes, before heading back to the Hennustall for an apres ski beer or three!
Zermatt ski resort
With amazing restaurants both on and off the mountain, a beautiful town that is traffic free apart from the electric taxis and great nightlife to suit all tastes, life down in resort isn't too shabby either. The traffic free village is a joy to stroll around and there is high end shopping, drinking and eating to suit all! Whisper it, Zermatt even has a McDonald's...
Accommodation in Zermatt isn't just limited to 4 and 5 star hotels, lower budgets are catered for here but, in truth, Zermatt is not a destination for the penny pincher! All around, this is Switzerland's number one resort on many levels, and another destination that any serious skier must tick off their bucket list.