Attractive family-run hotel, situated at the foot of the nursery slopes and within a few metres of the gondola.
- Half Board
- Sun terrace facing the nursery slopes
- Apres-ski bar with terrace
- Cafe and restaurant
- Relaxing sauna facilities
· ski-in, ski-out · central location · next to the Markbachjoch gondola · 2 minutes' walk to the bus stop · 30 second walk to ski school
All rooms have a flatscreen cable TV and a safe. Hairdryers are available at reception.
Twin room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin bed, sofa bed, private shower or bath, WC and a shared balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
· free WLAN in the bar area · après bar · fireplace · lounge area · sun terrace · sauna · steam room · lift to all floors · ski storage area
· hot and cold buffet breakfast · 3-course evening meal with a choice of main courses · extra charge for weekly evening salad buffet · for arrivals on a Saturday 1 choice of evening main course is available
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Niederau skiing is probably best suited to beginners and early intermediates, with a highly regarded ski school, nice nursery slopes and gentle blues. There isn't really much for more advanced skiers apart from a bit of off-piste and a couple of black runs, although there is a good snow park down in Auffach (free ski bus)for those that are that way inclined.
Niederau ski resort
The resort itself is picturesque and charming. Accommodation is located close to the slopes and the après ski is good without being too hectic. The sedate and friendly atmosphere makes for a good choice for family ski holidays, as does the short transfer (45 mins to Innsbruck).