Travel Dates for the
Club Med Saint Moritz Roi Soleil
I'm interested in
Hotel Club Med Saint Moritz Roi Soleil
Nestling at the foot of the snow-covered mountains, Saint-Moritz Roi Soleil stands at an altitude of 1,750 metres (5740 ft), near the lake that lies by the town.
Tucked away in this cosmopolitan and very select resort - the birthplace of alpine skiing - the Resort effortlessly combines luxury and tradition, and offers a wide range of unique pursuits including horse and greyhound racing, polo, or the famous "Cresta Run" on the nearby frozen lake.
In this fabulous world of freedom, parents and children can meet up on the play zone after a day's skiing, for a sledging session.
A comfortable and elegant Club Room offering a good standard of comfort, with all the facilities and services essential to your well-being.
The Family Club Room has 2 bedrooms. Why not treat yourself to a Peak View Club Room, a comfortable and elegant Club Room with a fine view of the peaks, situated on the 3rd, 4th and 5th floors of the hotel.
- Club Room - A comfortable and elegant Club Room offering a good standard of comfort, with all the facilities and services essential to your well-being. The Family Club Room has 2 bedrooms. Why not treat yourself to a Peak View Club Room, a comfortable and elegant Club Room with a fine view of the peaks, situated on the 3rd, 4th and 5th floors of the hotel. All including European electrical plugs / 220 Volts, Hair-dryer, Security safe(s), Shower room, Telephone and Television .
Your Package includes:
- Return flights and transfers
- Accommodationin a standard Club room
- All meals, with wine, beer and soft drinks
- Open bar and snacks
- Club Med Baby Welcome
- Mini Club Med (from 4 to 10 years)
- Juniors' Club Med
- Full Area Lift Pass
- Group classes at all levels: alpine skiing (from 4 years)
- Snowshoe walks (from 12 years), guided walks
- Fitness, weight training room
- Heated indoor swimming pool, Turkish bath, sauna
- Disco and evening entertainment
St Moritz Resort Info
St Moritz is probably the most famous of all the Swiss resorts. It is posh, glamorous and very expensive. It's a place to be seen in but, if you're really picky, you can ski as well. The sun shines nearly all year-round and the snow record is pretty good. The town isn't that attractive, with less-than-beautiful buildings often spoiling some great scenery. There are countless things to do off the snow, while cross-country skiers are truly spoiled with lovely tracks around the frozen lake. It's difficult to access by car and the transfer times are hefty (Zurich is 200km away). Many prefer to take the train, but that still takes a fair while. The resort prides itself on having hosted the Olympics twice in the last century. Its most well-known off-snow activity is the world-famous Cresta Run – still unavailable to women. The nightlife, top-class hotels and restaurants are major pulls, although you may need to extend your mortgage to cover the bills…
There are a massive 350km of piste to explore, but it's fragmented and rather poorly linked. Many of the runs in the main domains are easy and rather similar. The 'in-crowd' seem to like it like that - not too strenuous and perfect for posing. Beginners don't receive too much attention, while advanced skiers will have to travel around to get the best St Moritz has to offer. There is some good off-piste to be had on the face of the Piz Nair when snow cover is adequate. The lift system has been upgraded, but over-reliance on small cable cars means that queues can often develop.
Overall, it's a venue not solely based around skiing. People come to St. Moritz all year round. The skiing is ideally suited to the clientele, as are the prices. However, if you are working on a budget, or want a massive variety of skiing, St. Moritz isn't exactly tailored to you.
More St Moritz resort information
St Moritz Snow & Weather
|Snow Report - 20 Jan 2019|
|Last snowed|| 15-Jan-2019|
|Fresh snow||14 cm|
|Lower slopes||71 cm|
|Upper slopes||122 cm|
|Piste state||Gripping snow |
|Runs to resort||Good|
|Off piste snow||Varied|
All snow report information supplied by SkiResort