Ski Holiday Search
Ski Calendar Icon

Health and Insurance

ski insurance for ski season
Britain has reciprocal health agreements with 40 countries over the world. Canada and the USA are not included in this list.

The agreement varies from country to country; it does not cover the cost of repatriation in the case of illness and treatment will not be completely free. To take advantage of these agreements, you need to have filled in an E111 form, obtainable at post offices.

In practice, the system will not fully cover you for events that often happen in ski resorts. The E111 only covers you in state hospitals, though some private clinics in ski resorts will have agreements to treat non-private patients.

The safest option is to make sure you have private medical insurance. Tour operators will include this in their wage package.

Check the health zone for more helpful hints.
Don't leave home without it. Standard holiday insurance will not be sufficient to cover you for a whole season of skiing.

Some specialist ski insurance companies have tailored packages for resort workers. You need to check you are covered for medical expenses, legal liability (including insurance against third party claims) and personal accident.

Other items to consider insuring are baggage and equipment.

High risk activities such as off-piste skiing/boarding, ski jumping and parapenting may require an additional premium.

In France you can buy a 'Carte Neige' with your lift pass that will cover you for off-piste skiing/boarding.

For further information on insurance, click here.