Travel Dates for the
Club Med Cervinia
I'm interested in
|Flying from:||Sun 7 Apr||Sun 14 Apr||Sun 21 Apr||Sun 28 Apr
London Gatwick to Turin
London Heathrow to Milan Malpensa
Travel Dates for the
Club Med Cervinia
I'm interested in
Hotel Club Med Cervinia
- All inclusive
This is a full board hotel - including flights/transfers, lift pass, tuition, childcare, open bar/snacks & entertainment.
In the shadow of the towering Alps, Cervinia draws its inspiration from the past glories of the mountaineers who scaled the legendary Mount Cervino, and forms part of a magnificent panorama. While the Club Med Resort breathes the pure air of the peaks at 2,050 metres, the hotel - with its original decor and authentic materials - is a luxurious mountain refuge and provides a cosy, convivial setting for relaxing at Club Med Spa and meeting up with the rest of the family. The Resort's sun-kissed terraces provide ideal spots for soaking up the views of the ski domain, which stretches as far as Switzerland.
The Cristallo and the Cristallino, connected by an internal walkway, await you with their 207 spacious rooms. Soft colours and wooden fittings invite you to indulge in well-being.
- Club Rooms - A comfortable and stylish Club Room. All the rooms are located in the Cristallino or the Cristallo hotel (these rooms are available on all floors). All including European electrical plugs / 220 Volts, Hair-dryer, Heated towel rail, Heating, Mini-fridge, Security safe(s), Shower room, Telephone and Television.
- Deluxe Rooms - A spacious Deluxe Room, offering a generous comfort level in an elegant atmosphere. These rooms are located in the Cristallino hotel, and are available on all floors. This space of 40 to 50 sq. m. consists of two rooms separated by a door. All including European electrical plugs / 220 Volts, Flat-screen television, Hair-dryer, Heated towel rail, Heating, Ironing kit, Minibar, Security safe(s), Tea and coffee kit and Telephone.
- Suites - A spacious and elegant Suite where you will be able to savour premium comfort as you recharge your batteries.In the Cristallo hotel, on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors. All including Bathroom, Coffee machine, European electrical plugs / 220 Volts, Flat-screen television, Hair-dryer, Heated towel rail, Heating Iron and ironing-board, Ironing kit, Minibar, MP3 player, Radio / CD, Security safe(s) and Telephone.
|The bars and restaurants cater for every palate for breakfast, lunch & dinner.
Be carefree with an all-inclusive package! You can have the freedom to enjoy drinks and snacks in all the chalet hotel bars, outside normal meal hours, and, as much as you like!
Meal times are a memorable experience. The masterful chefs offer you a choice of the world's finest cuisine with freshly-sourced produce, mouth-watering flavours and ingredients that perhaps you've never tasted before; or you can choose universal favourites such as grilled meats, pizzas and hamburgers or there's also simple, fresh and light options on offer.
Selected drinks of your choice throughout the day and night! Water, fruit juices, soft drinks, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, beer, wine, 'aperitifs', cocktails, local and international alcohol such as rum, whisky, gin, etc...
Unlimited snacks... you can indulge in whatever you fancy day and night! Gourmet moments to make the most of the chalet hotel activities at your own pace: late breakfast, late lunch, afternoon snack, nightclub nibbles... including a wide variety of sweet and savoury snacks (salads, fruits, dairy products, cookies, pizzas, hamburgers, savoury tarts, nachos, tapas, etc.)
- Return flights and transfers
- Accommodation (in a standard Club room) Other room types available at extra cost
- All meals, with wine, beer and soft drinks
- Open bar and snacks
- Mini Club Med (from 4 to 10 years)
- Juniors Club Med (from 11 to 17 years - french school holidays)
- Ski pass (from 4 years)
- Group classes at all levels: alpine skiing (from 4 years)
- Indoor swimming pool, table tennis
- Terrace, night bar, Club Med evening entertainment
Cervinia Resort Info
Based on the Italian side of the Matterhorn, Cervinia is lift-linked to Zermatt, with 200km of its own runs. Because of its high altitude, it has a long season, great snow and is an absolute haven for intermediates. The slopes are superb for cruising and mileage skiing, while beginners will find masses of coverage. Advanced skiers will need to head over into Switzerland for extended challenges, although you'll have to pay extra to cross to Zermatt. Because of its position, the scenery is outstanding, but this can be marred by poor weather and high winds, which can often cause the higher lifts to be closed. If the weather holds, you can usually be guaranteed loads of sun as well as long tree-lined runs. The ski school is getting better but, as with many Italian resorts, childcare is rather limited.
On the downside, Cervinia is not the most attractive resort and is entirely purpose-built. It was founded in the 1930s by Mussolini and still doesn't cater very well for non-skiers. There are good restaurants on and off the mountain, but their prices are nearly as steep as the Matterhorn itself. Weekend crowds can put pressure on the old lift system, but also improve the quality of après-ski. Access from the accommodation to the lifts is inconvenient, requiring an uphill walk.
Overall, Cervinia is great for lower ability skiers and boarders and much cheaper than its Swiss neighbour. Experts, kids and party animals may not find Cervinia ideal, although the first group do have Zermatt nearby to keep them busy.
More Cervinia resort information
Cervinia Snow & Weather
|Snow Report - 10 Dec 2013|
|Last snowed|| 21-Nov-2013|
|Fresh snow||35 cm|
|Lower slopes||40 cm|
|Upper slopes||185 cm|
|Runs to resort||Packed|
|Off piste snow||Varied|
|Comments||Great conditions - wax up your skis!|
Snow Overview - Italy (snow news updated 10-Dec-2013)
The weekend was generally a sunny and mild one across Italy, with no fresh snow and fairly high temperatures for the time of year. The best skiing is at high altitude resorts such as Cervinia (40/185cm). Their upper slopes are in good condition at the moment although there hasn’t been any significant fresh snow since 21st November. All 15 of their lifts were open on Monday 9th December with the links over into Zermatt available too.
It’s a similar story at Livigno (14/84cm). All 30 of their lifts were running on Monday and although the snow base isn’t huge they have plenty of snow for on-piste skiing. It will take some further new snow to freshen up the off-piste areas and at the moment there isn’t any forecast.
European Weather Outlook
The sunny weather looks set to continue in Europe with France, Switzerland and Austria all expecting clear skies and dry days throughout next week. Temperatures could also rise to above 5C in some places.
While very little snow is expected to fall anywhere in Europe this week Bulgaria could receive light snow during the middle of the week in preparation for opening day at Bansko next weekend. There is also some much-needed light snow forecast for Oppdal in Norway.