Travel Dates for the
Club Med Cervinia
I'm interested in
Travel Dates for the
Club Med Cervinia
I'm interested in
Hotel Club Med Cervinia
- All inclusive
This is a full board hotel - including flights/transfers, lift pass, tuition, childcare, open bar/snacks & entertainment*.
In the shadow of the towering Alps, Cervinia draws its inspiration from the past glories of the mountaineers who scaled the legendary Mount Cervino, and forms part of a magnificent panorama. While the Club Med Resort breathes the pure air of the peaks at 2,050 metres, the hotel - with its original decor and authentic materials - is a luxurious mountain refuge and provides a cosy, convivial setting for relaxing at Club Med Spa and meeting up with the rest of the family. The Resort's sun-kissed terraces provide ideal spots for soaking up the views of the ski domain, which stretches as far as Switzerland.
The Cristallo and the Cristallino, connected by an internal walkway, await you with their 207 spacious rooms. Soft colours and wooden fittings invite you to indulge in well-being.
- Club Rooms - A comfortable and stylish Club Room. All the rooms are located in the Cristallino or the Cristallo hotel (these rooms are available on all floors). All including European electrical plugs / 220 Volts, Hair-dryer, Heated towel rail, Heating, Mini-fridge, Security safe(s), Shower room, Telephone and Television.
- Deluxe Rooms - A spacious Deluxe Room, offering a generous comfort level in an elegant atmosphere. These rooms are located in the Cristallino hotel, and are available on all floors. This space of 40 to 50 sq. m. consists of two rooms separated by a door. All including European electrical plugs / 220 Volts, Flat-screen television, Hair-dryer, Heated towel rail, Heating, Ironing kit, Minibar, Security safe(s), Tea and coffee kit and Telephone.
- Suites - A spacious and elegant Suite where you will be able to savour premium comfort as you recharge your batteries.In the Cristallo hotel, on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors. All including Bathroom, Coffee machine, European electrical plugs / 220 Volts, Flat-screen television, Hair-dryer, Heated towel rail, Heating Iron and ironing-board, Ironing kit, Minibar, MP3 player, Radio / CD, Security safe(s) and Telephone.
|The bars and restaurants cater for every palate for breakfast, lunch & dinner.
Be carefree with an all-inclusive package! You can have the freedom to enjoy drinks and snacks in all the chalet hotel bars, outside normal meal hours, and, as much as you like!
Meal times are a memorable experience. The masterful chefs offer you a choice of the world's finest cuisine with freshly-sourced produce, mouth-watering flavours and ingredients that perhaps you've never tasted before; or you can choose universal favourites such as grilled meats, pizzas and hamburgers or there's also simple, fresh and light options on offer.
Selected drinks of your choice throughout the day and night! Water, fruit juices, soft drinks, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, beer, wine, 'aperitifs', cocktails, local and international alcohol such as rum, whisky, gin, etc...
Unlimited snacks... you can indulge in whatever you fancy day and night! Gourmet moments to make the most of the chalet hotel activities at your own pace: late breakfast, late lunch, afternoon snack, nightclub nibbles... including a wide variety of sweet and savoury snacks (salads, fruits, dairy products, cookies, pizzas, hamburgers, savoury tarts, nachos, tapas, etc.)
- Return flights and transfers
- Accommodation (in a standard Club room) Other room types available at extra cost
- All meals, with wine, beer and soft drinks
- Open bar and snacks
- Mini Club Med (from 4 to 10 years)
- Juniors Club Med (from 11 to 17 years - french school holidays)
- Ski pass (from 4 years)
- Group classes at all levels: alpine skiing (from 4 years)
- Indoor swimming pool, table tennis
- Terrace, night bar, Club Med evening entertainment
* Please note: Ski/board/boot hire is NOT included in the 'per person' price and will need to be paid for as an additional extra.
Cervinia Resort Info
Based on the Italian side of the Matterhorn, Cervinia is lift-linked to Zermatt, with 200km of its own runs. Because of its high altitude, it has a long season, great snow and is an absolute haven for intermediates. The slopes are superb for cruising and mileage skiing, while beginners will find masses of coverage. Advanced skiers will need to head over into Switzerland for extended challenges, although you'll have to pay extra to cross to Zermatt. Because of its position, the scenery is outstanding, but this can be marred by poor weather and high winds, which can often cause the higher lifts to be closed. If the weather holds, you can usually be guaranteed loads of sun as well as long tree-lined runs. The ski school is getting better but, as with many Italian resorts, childcare is rather limited.
On the downside, Cervinia is not the most attractive resort and is entirely purpose-built. It was founded in the 1930s by Mussolini and still doesn't cater very well for non-skiers. There are good restaurants on and off the mountain, but their prices are nearly as steep as the Matterhorn itself. Weekend crowds can put pressure on the old lift system, but also improve the quality of après-ski. Access from the accommodation to the lifts is inconvenient, requiring an uphill walk.
Overall, Cervinia is great for lower ability skiers and boarders and much cheaper than its Swiss neighbour. Experts, kids and party animals may not find Cervinia ideal, although the first group do have Zermatt nearby to keep them busy.
More Cervinia resort information
Cervinia Snow & Weather
|Snow Report - 15 Mar 2018|
|Last snowed|| 13-Mar-2018|
|Fresh snow||5 cm|
|Lower slopes||70 cm|
|Upper slopes||380 cm|
|Runs to resort||Excellent|
|Off piste snow||Varied|
|Comments||Great conditions - wax up your skis!|
Snow Overview - Italy (snow news updated 04-Dec-2017)
Loads of fresh snow has fallen upon our featured Italian resorts this week. Thursday 27th April was a day of limited access powder skiing in Val Senales (0/110cm) and Livigno (83/115cm). Both resorts received between 35 and 45cm of fresh snow in the past 12 hours and well over half a metre in the past 24 hours. With limited options to ski below 2500 metres it is worth noting the currently very high avalanche risk further up the mountain.
Conditions on snow are excellent, however, the prevailing weather is still offering very poor visibility and at time strong winds gusts. Current cloudy/stormy weather seems set to continue into the weekend, although the heavy snowfalls should start to taper off over the next 24 hours. The weekend should offer a chance to score some excellent last season lift accessed powder.
European Weather Outlook
Across the central European Alps, snow and cold temperatures are forecast to stick around until Saturday. Accumulations of snow on the upper slopes could be huge for the time of year, with some Swiss resorts predicting around 80cm over the course of today and Friday. By the weekend the snow is predicted to subside in many regions and a mixture of sun and cloud is expected for much of Austria, France, Italy and Switzerland.
In the Pyrenees, Saturday should be the pick of the day for any skiing in Andorra. Our featured resorts are now closed for the season, but for anyone strapping on their skins, you can expect a mixture of sun and cloud, with temperatures around +3C
In Germany, 44cm of fresh snow is being forecast for Garmisch (0/380cm), who will be in disbelief at the moment for all the snow they have received of late.
Further north you can expect temperatures of around -3C and snow showers in Norway, which are set to continue right through to Sunday for resorts such Trysil. Across the border in Sweden, the weather should be fairly similar, but any snow that does fall is likely to be light and bring only 1-2cm.
Despite some recent biting temperatures and cold winds in the UK, any snow that does fall on the Scottish mountains is most likely to be on Thursday. Thereafter, rain could destroy any hopes of some late season turns.