Travel Dates for the
Club Med Valmorel
I'm interested in
Hotel Club Med Valmorel
- All inclusive
Natural, quality materials - wood, stone and schist roof tiles - for this warm and traditional family Resort on the slopes of the Massif du Cheval Noir.
A real family experience, with children's clubs for all ages, from babies up to teens, so you can enjoy the mountains to the full.
At an elevation of 1,460 metres (4,800 ft) at the foot of the slopes with a magnificent view over the ski resort, Club Med Valmorel is located in the heart of this beautifully preserved mountain environment.
A hotel built with noble materials - wood, stone, and schist tiles - proposing warm, contemporary rooms in true mountain style.
- Club: Equipped for your well being, this warm, contemporary-style room (23 to 29 m² / 245 to 310 ft²) combines comfort with elegance.
- Deluxe: This spacious 29 m² (310 ft²) room decorated in the mountain spirit proposes quality comfort (minibar, flat-screen TV) and a lounge area.
- 5-Trident Luxury Space Suite : In an ideal location, enjoy this spacious accommodation (from 50 m² / 540 ft²) with a lovely bright lounge and private terrace with a great view over the ski resort.
Bars & Restaurants
Delicious, creative cuisine and impeccable table art. Our chefs pull out all the stops to ensure you have a fabulous and entertaining meal.
- Les Cerfs and Le Céleste : These two restaurants with terrace (open mid-March) propose different decorative ambiences depending on the theme of the season. Les Cerfs welcomes you in the "Relais d'Automne" and the "Refuge d'Hiver", respectively for the Autumn and Winter seasons.
The specialty of Le Céleste is grilled and roast meats, served in "Le Printemps de la Volière" in Spring and "L'Observatoire d'Ete" in Summer.
- La Laiterie: This speciality restaurant welcomes you for lunch and dinner around international and mountain themes.
Available all day and evening during opening hours in all the bars in our Resorts.
Drinks included (served by the glass and in the bars only): Water, sodas, fruit juice, hot drinks, local and international spirits, cocktails with or without alcohol, wines.
Sweet and savoury snacks
- Le Roc Bar : A number of intimate areas with armchairs and coffee tables and access to spacious outdoor terraces.
Club Med Spa by Carita, "Haute Beauty" Face and Body. You'll find:
- 1 duo treatment room
- 11 multipurpose treatment rooms
- 1 Turkish bath with 1 body scrub room
All our treatment programmes are organised around a theme.
Children & Teens
Our Resort welcomes children of all ages, with children’s club facilities for the various age groups, run by professionals.
- Dedicated areas, specifically designed for their needs
- Equipment designed with a view to comfort and safety
- Opening hours that allow parents to make the most of their day and evening, or feel free to go off for a day's excursion
- A structure that combines innovation with 40 years’ experience, based on the respect of each child's desires and biological clock
- G.O®s with a passion for their job
- Numerous activities for all ages: sport, creative activities and games.
Valmorel Resort Info
Founded in 1976, Valmorel is one purpose-built French resort breaks the mould. Called the Grande Domaine, Valmorel and St Francois Longchamps have 165km of marked pistes. The resort is composed of a number of small satellite villages, each of which includes mostly chalet-style buildings with self-catering accommodation. Unfortunately these villages aren't linked by a free bus service, representing one of the resort's greatest failings.
Set at 1400m, with a top altitude of 2550m, Valmorel has gained the reputation as being an excellent family resort for a number of reasons. First, the centre of the village is car-free. Second, most of the pistes cater to beginners and intermediates. Third, there are areas specially designed for people of all ages to learn. This does mean that advanced skiers aren't presented with very much to test their skills, apart from mogul fields and some good off-piste. Because the resort is right by the ski area, though, you can ski to your door. Off the mountain, there is very little to do once the lifts have stopped running. Although there are a few reasonable restaurants, bars and shops, the après-ski is not the best.
The general consensus is that Valmorel is a good value destination, but can suffer from a lack of snow owing to its lower altitude. As long as you don't the lack of tough skiing, this is an ideal venue for first-time skiers and families in particular.
More Valmorel resort information
Valmorel Snow & Weather
|Snow Report - 20 Sep 2019|
|Last snowed|| 01-Jan-1900|
|Fresh snow||17 cm|
|Piste state||No entry|
|Runs to resort||Spring snow|
|Off piste snow||Best up high|
All snow report information supplied by SkiResort