Travel Dates for the
I'm interested in
- Half board
- Conveniently situated with skiing back to the door
- Just 1 minute walk (50m) to the piste
- 1 minute walk (100m) to the resort centre
- All rooms have bath, hairdryer, telephone, satellite TV & safe.
- Compact double bedrooms (A2) sleep 2 and are available with limited views.
- Traditional (B3) and superior Panorama (C3) twin/double rooms
(please specify bed configuration at the time of booking) are available
at a supplement- both have balcony and mountain views and sleep up to
- Junior suites (D4) for 2-4 with two sofa beds on a mezzanine floor and an open-plan twin or double bedroom are also available.
- Cable or satellite programmes
- Room safe
- Lounge/bar with fire
- Restaurant with open fire
- Sauna, jacuzzi and Turkish bath (pay locally)
- Cosmic sauna on the terrace.
- Sun terrace
- Reading room with library
- Ski room
- Wi-Fi (free)
- Ski room
Credit cards accepted
Safe deposit box
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- Excellent 4 or 5 course evening meals with choice
- Local specialities dinner weekly
- Christmas gala dinner included
- Adult New Year Gala Dinner, children receive the usual half board
- Gluten Free meals can be provided with a supplement
- No of restaurants: 1
- Dress code for restaurants:
- Breakfast service:
- Dinner service:
Val Thorens Resort Info
Val Thorens skiing
At 2300m, Val Thorens is the highest ski resort in Europe, meaning the resort has a great snow record. Put simply, if there's no snow in Val Thorens then there's no snow anywhere! Forming part of the 600km Three Valleys ski domain, Val Thorens' extended skiing is excellent, with intermediates being particularly spoilt for choice. Advanced skiers also have plenty to play on with big moguls and access to the Maurienne Valley for off-piste adventures. In addition there's an excellent Snowpark to keep freestylers busy. Beginners too can enjoy Val Thorens with several gentle greens and easy blues scattered around the resort. There is no better all-around ski area anywhere in Europe, possibly the World.
Val Thorens ski resort
As the resort is traffic-free and purpose-built, most accommodation options offer ski-in-ski-out accessibility. As well as being Europe's highest resort and part of the biggest linked ski area, Val Thorens has gained a reputation in recent years as a lively apres ski destination. The arrival of the raucous Folie Douce and the slightly more chilled Bar 360 mean that your apres ski party begins on the slopes in mid-afternoon. Back in resort you've got a choice of several bustling pubs, including Europe's highest in the Frog and Roastbeef. If you're still thirsty for more then the Alps' biggest underground nightclub, Malaysia, stays open almost until first lifts in the morning!
It's not all partying though. Val Thorens has developed many facilties over the years, including an indoor leisure centre with pool, extensive shopping, ice-driving, the list goes on!
More Val Thorens resort information