Chalet Hotel Le Val d'Isere
- Sleeps 101 - 117
- Catered chalet
Location, location, location. It doesn't come much better than this. Right in the middle of Val d'Isére, lounging against a mountain, this Chalet Hotel is perfectly positioned for just about everything. It's within walking distance of the main Solaise and Bellevarde lifts and it's only minutes from the ski school. It's also in the heart of the shopping, eating and people-watching area of this smart resort.
Le Val d'Isere is beautifully furnished throughout, and the lounge and bar areas with their large sofas and armchairs are the main hub of the hotel. The wide selection of bedrooms are all ensuite and stylishly decorated. There are TVs in every room with English channels and the bathrooms all have hairdryers.
But its the dining room that is really impressive here. High up on the fourth floor, this galleried room looks down on the town and up into the mountains. In the evening, when the Olympic downhill course is illuminated, its a magical place to be. Breakfast, tea and dinner are all served in the hotel dining room which is laid out to accommodation larger group tables or tables for two.
There is wireless connection in most areas of the hotel.
There are a total of 52 rooms comprising of:
- 1 single bed, small ensuite room
- 2 single beds, ensuite bathroom, some rooms take an extra bed and/or cot
- 1 double bed, ensuite bathroom
- 1 double bed, ensuite bathroom can take up to 2 extra beds or cots
- Mezzanine room, double bed on lower level with ensuite. Wooden staircase up to mezzanine level with 2 children's beds (not suitable for children under 3). Cannot take a cot.
- Two bedrooms, entrance into the first room with ensuite bathroom with a doorway leading to a twin room
- Two rooms which are interconnecting. One double room with ensuite and second room with single bed and pull down top bunk. Second room has ensuite shower. The double room can take a cot
- Double and twin room both ensuite
Val d'Isère Resort Info
Val d'isère skiing
Val d'isère is justifiably ranked up there with the best resorts in the world. Lift linked with Tignes with which Val d'isère makes up L'Espace Killy, there are 300km of varied pistes to please everyone from beginners to pros. Expert skiers and snowboarders are particularly spoilt for choice in Val d'isère with the 1992 Olympic course, the 'Face', plenty of off-piste (remember to take a guide) and a world class snow park.
Val d'isère ski resort
Val d'isère has not only world class skiing but also boasts some world class après ski. The Folie Douce at the top of la Daille gondola is probably the most famous of Val d'isère's après haunts but is far from the only one. Restaurants on and off the mountain are pricey but good, which added to a good range of accommodation and lot's to do for the non-skiers makes it easy to see Val d'isère's attraction.
More Val d'Isère resort information