Travel Dates for the
I'm interested in
Chalet Hotel Mounier
- Conveniently situated just 5 minute's walk (100m) to the Diable chairlift
- Resort centre position yet tucked away in a quiet spot
- Jandri Express and ski school meeting place is 10 minutes' walk (450m) or take the free minibus shuttle service from and back to the hotel during the day
- All bedrooms are beautifully decorated and have bath, satellite TV, hairdryer, bathrobe, slippers and safe.
- Twin or double (C2 - type Diablotine) with bath, wc
- Larger superior rooms (E2 - type Muzelle) with bath, wc are available with supplement
- Some superior rooms can take an extra bed (F3) are available on request
- Duplex rooms (G4 - type Meije) have two bedrooms and can sleep up to 4 people
- Cable or satellite programmes
- Room safe
- Indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room, whirlpool and fitness room (Free)
- Cinq Monde Spa with massages (pay locally)
- Bar with open fireplace
- Sunny terrace
- Heated ski room
- Free Wi-Fi connection throughout the hotel
- Swimming pool (indoor)
- Fitness room
- Ski room
- Buffet breakfast
- 3-course evening meal including 1 musical (jazz) evening a week
- Christmas and New Year Gala Dinners included
It is possible to take meals in the hotel's 1 Michelin Star gastronomic restaurant Le Petit Polyte (with a supplement payable locally).
Dietary requirements can be catered for on a request basis.
Les Deux Alpes Resort Info
Les Deux Alpes skiing
Les Deux Alpes is a very popular resort with the Brits. It boasts the largest glacier in Europe (at 3568m)allowing for year round skiing. The biggest attraction for boarders and freestyle skiers, and those that like a bit of pro spotting, is the world class snowpark found at the Jandri mid-station during the winter, and up on the glacier during the summer. Beginners and intermediates are well catered for with some nice motorway pistes, although there is only one easy run back down to resort which is sometimes shut when snow is thin on the ground. Advanced skiers should head to the La Fee area for testing black runs and to nearby La Grave for some of the best off-piste around.
Les Deux Alpes ski resort
The resort itself is quite large and spread out, meaning it lacks that "village like" alpine charm. However, it does have a very good range of shops and restaurants, plus varied and lively nightlife. For non skiers, the hamlet of Venosc with its craft shops and cute eateries is walkable when there's not too much snow, or can be reached by cable car. Childcare is very good, so families are welcomed, but there is a lot of traffic in town, which may put some off.
Overall, a lively resort and very popular with the young freestyle crowd and their followers, with La Grave and the glacier particular pluses and Grenoble Airport only 90 minutes away.
More Les Deux Alpes resort information