Hotel La Farandole
- Half board
The hotel is South facing with a large terrace giving amazing views over the glaciers of the Ecrins National Park.
• South Twin Room - Twin room - bathroom, separate toilet, balcony & plasma screen TV.
• Junior Suite - 4 pax - 2 adjoining bedrooms with either 4 single beds or 1 double bed and 2 singles, bathroom with separate toilet & balcony.
• Great North Triple Room - Room (22 m²) - 3 single beds (Italian style), bathroom and WC.
• North Double Room - Room with double bed, bathroom with toilet.
• South Duplex Suite - 4/5 pax - South facing lounge with 1 single bed, 1 pull out bed and 1 fold out bed with 2 single beds on mezzanine, bathroom, shower room, 2 WC & balcony.
• Facing the national park "Les Ecrins".
• Offers premium facilities such as steam room, indoor pool, sauna, fitness room, Jacuzzi and solarium.
• All rooms are spacious and comfortable suites - the majority are South facing with balconies and sun loungers.
• Each room has a bathroom, hair dryer, bathrobes, satellite television and a telephone.
• The "Balcon de l'Alpe" opens in the evenings and specialises in regional and traditional cuisine.
• Indoor/covered parking (at extra charge), outdoor parking free of charge.
• A lounge with piano bar and fireplace.
• Daily delivery of newspapers in English.
• Half Board included (buffet style breakfast and 5 course evening mea with winel).
Les Deux Alpes Resort Info
Les Deux Alpes skiing
Les Deux Alpes is a very popular resort with the Brits. It boasts the largest glacier in Europe (at 3568m)allowing for year round skiing. The biggest attraction for boarders and freestyle skiers, and those that like a bit of pro spotting, is the world class snowpark found at the Jandri mid-station during the winter, and up on the glacier during the summer. Beginners and intermediates are well catered for with some nice motorway pistes, although there is only one easy run back down to resort which is sometimes shut when snow is thin on the ground. Advanced skiers should head to the La Fee area for testing black runs and to nearby La Grave for some of the best off-piste around.
Les Deux Alpes ski resort
The resort itself is quite large and spread out, meaning it lacks that "village like" alpine charm. However, it does have a very good range of shops and restaurants, plus varied and lively nightlife. For non skiers, the hamlet of Venosc with its craft shops and cute eateries is walkable when there's not too much snow, or can be reached by cable car. Childcare is very good, so families are welcomed, but there is a lot of traffic in town, which may put some off.
Overall, a lively resort and very popular with the young freestyle crowd and their followers, with La Grave and the glacier particular pluses and Grenoble Airport only 90 minutes away.
More Les Deux Alpes resort information