Hotel La Farandole
- Half board
The hotel is South facing with a large terrace giving amazing views over the glaciers of the Ecrins National Park.
• South Twin Room - Twin room - bathroom, separate toilet, balcony & plasma screen TV.
• Junior Suite - 4 pax - 2 adjoining bedrooms with either 4 single beds or 1 double bed and 2 singles, bathroom with separate toilet & balcony.
• Great North Triple Room - Room (22 m²) - 3 single beds (Italian style), bathroom and WC.
• North Double Room - Room with double bed, bathroom with toilet.
• South Duplex Suite - 4/5 pax - South facing lounge with 1 single bed, 1 pull out bed and 1 fold out bed with 2 single beds on mezzanine, bathroom, shower room, 2 WC & balcony.
• Facing the national park "Les Ecrins".
• Offers premium facilities such as steam room, indoor pool, sauna, fitness room, Jacuzzi and solarium.
• All rooms are spacious and comfortable suites - the majority are South facing with balconies and sun loungers.
• Each room has a bathroom, hair dryer, bathrobes, satellite television and a telephone.
• The "Balcon de l'Alpe" opens in the evenings and specialises in regional and traditional cuisine.
• Indoor/covered parking (at extra charge), outdoor parking free of charge.
• A lounge with piano bar and fireplace.
• Daily delivery of newspapers in English.
• Half Board included (buffet style breakfast and 5 course evening mea with winel).
Les Deux Alpes Resort Info
Les Deux Alpes skiing
Les Deux Alpes is a very popular resort with the Brits. It boasts the largest glacier in Euope (at 3568m)allowing for year round skiing. The biggest attraction for boarders and freestyle skiers, and those that like a bit of pro spotting, is the world class snowpark found at the Jandri mid-station druning the winter, and up on the glacier during the summer. Beginners and intermediates are well catered for with some nice motorway pistes, although there is only one easy run back down to resort which is sometimes shut when snow is thin on the ground. Advanced skiers should head to the La Fee area for testing black runs and to nearby La Grave for some of the best off-piste around.
Les Deux Alpes ski resort
The resort itself is quite large and spread out, meaning it lacks that "village like" alpine charm. However, it does have a very good range of shops and restaurants, plus varied and lively nightlife. For non skiers, the hamlet of Venosc with its craft shops and cute eateries is walkable when there's not too much snow, or can be reached by cable car. Childcare is very good, so families are welcomed, but there is a lot of traffic in town, which may put some off.
Overall, a lively resort and very popular with the young freestyle crowd and their followers, with La Grave and the glacier particular pluses and Grenoble Airport only 90 minutes away.
More Les Deux Alpes resort information
Les Deux Alpes Snow & Weather
|Snow Report - 23 Apr 2014|
|Last snowed|| 20-Apr-2014|
|Fresh snow||5 cm|
|Lower slopes||20 cm|
|Upper slopes||210 cm|
|Runs to resort||Spring snow|
|Off piste snow||Spring snow|
|Comments||The best conditions can be found on the upper slopes|
Snow Overview - France (snow news updated 23-Apr-2014)
The Easter weekend was the end of the season for many French ski area, although around two thirds of the French resorts are still open for skiing. This is the last week of winter operations for a number of resorts though, including Cauterets (200/300cm), Meribel (30/95cm), La Plagne (0/215cm) and Les Arcs (33/166cm)
Fresh snow fell over the weekend at resorts in the Northern Alps too, providing excellent skiing conditions in areas such as the Espace Killy, the Paradiski area and the Three Valleys.
The temperature has increased again this week though and as a result spring skiing conditions dominate. Cloudy skies are forecast across this week and next weekend, with the freezing level remaining above 2,000m. This could rise to around 3,000m later this week, bringing rain to many locations.
European Weather Outlook
The forecast is for cloudy skies across the major European nations this week and over next weekend. The freezing level is supposed to rise to around 3,000m this week before dropping back down to around 2,000m next week. This could result in wet weather for many areas this week following by snow conditions on the higher slopes next week.