Travel Dates for the
I'm interested in
- Sleeps 18
- Catered chalet
- Nearest lift: 350m (Diable chairlift)
- Equipment hire shop and storage: 650m (at slope side Hotel Aalborg. Includes free storage at the shop for kit hired through us)
- Tuition meeting point: Beginners 650m (at Hotel Aalborg), improvers 1km (top of Jandri 1 gondola)
- Resort centre: 500m
Sleeping 18 people, the nine twin rooms are a real delight as you're surrounded by huge chunky beams of well-seasoned wood making for a cosy and restful night's sleep. Each has an ensuite and some have a balcony. You'll also find luxurious Temple Spa toiletries in each bathroom.
- Large lounge/diner with free Wi-Fi and satellite TV
- Large open fireplace
- Private sauna and hot tub
- Ski storage with heated boot warmers
- Wireless speaker and board games for your entertainment
- Daily housekeeping with towels provided
- Pre-bookable private nanny service available on request
- Your chalet hosts live in
- Children under 15 are welcome when part of a group booking the whole chalet
Start every morning with an extensive continental breakfast, and cooked options on most days. Your daily afternoon tea of freshly baked cakes and biscuits will be waiting for you when you come in from the slopes.
Evening meals are a three-course set-menu with regionally inspired dishes and free-flowing wine throughout the week, all followed by fresh coffee. We provide evening meals on six nights a week leaving you free to head out and explore the resort on one evening.
Les Deux Alpes Resort Info
Les Deux Alpes skiing
Les Deux Alpes is a very popular resort with the Brits. It boasts the largest glacier in Europe (at 3568m)allowing for year round skiing. The biggest attraction for boarders and freestyle skiers, and those that like a bit of pro spotting, is the world class snowpark found at the Jandri mid-station during the winter, and up on the glacier during the summer. Beginners and intermediates are well catered for with some nice motorway pistes, although there is only one easy run back down to resort which is sometimes shut when snow is thin on the ground. Advanced skiers should head to the La Fee area for testing black runs and to nearby La Grave for some of the best off-piste around.
Les Deux Alpes ski resort
The resort itself is quite large and spread out, meaning it lacks that "village like" alpine charm. However, it does have a very good range of shops and restaurants, plus varied and lively nightlife. For non skiers, the hamlet of Venosc with its craft shops and cute eateries is walkable when there's not too much snow, or can be reached by cable car. Childcare is very good, so families are welcomed, but there is a lot of traffic in town, which may put some off.
Overall, a lively resort and very popular with the young freestyle crowd and their followers, with La Grave and the glacier particular pluses and Grenoble Airport only 90 minutes away.
More Les Deux Alpes resort information
Les Deux Alpes Snow & Weather
|Snow Report - 19 Jul 2019|
|Last snowed|| 02-Jul-2019|
|Fresh snow||5 cm|
|Upper slopes||145 cm|
|Runs to resort||Poor|
|Off piste snow||Best up high|
All snow report information supplied by SkiResort