Chalet The Penthouse
- Sleeps 12 - 14
- Catered chalet
The Penthouse is located approximately 200 metres from the main Les
Eurcherts Express chairlift, ESF Ski school meeting point and the
piste. Les Eurcherts has its own bustling centre with shops, bars,
restaurants, a bowling alley, ice rink and ski school.La Rosiere centre
is a short free bus ride away or a pleasant stroll along a pretty forest
track, which is well lit in the evenings.
- 6 en-suite large bedrooms sleeping 12 adults and 2 children
- Huge open plan living and dining area
- Outside Hot tub
- Floor to ceiling picture windows
- Approx 200m from lifts and ice skating rink
- Real fireplace
- Television with UK Freeview DVD player,and blue tooth speaker
- Free WIFI
- Boot room with boot warmers
- Underground parking upon request
- Hairdryers in all bedrooms
- Staff live in
- Bedroom 1 is a twin downstairs overlooking the valley
- Bedroom 2 is a very large master bedroom downstairs overlooking the valley and with a private balcony with stunning views
- Bedroom 3 is a twin downstairs looking up the mountain
- Bedroom 4 is a double looking up the mountain
- Bedroom 5 is upstairs and is a double looking up the mountain and
in addition has a room with 2 single beds in it making this an ideal
family suite. This room has restricted height in a number of parts
- Bedroom 6 is upstairs and is a twin looking up the mountain
Breakfast - make your selection from porridge and eggs cooked to order, French bread, preserves, flaky croissants, yoghurt, muesli, cereals and each day a differing cooked option which includes sausages and bacon, fluffy pancakes, scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, all served alongside fruit juice and freshly brewed coffee or specially imported Yorkshire tea.
Afternoon Tea - freshly baked cake along with tea and coffee
Dinner - delicious, freshly prepared three course candlelit dinner. Our evening meals are friendly and sociable so you can take your time and enjoy the food in a dinner party atmosphere. For the duration of the meal enjoy a choice of handpicked wines supplied by our wine merchant Le Verre Gourmand before finishing off the evening with freshly brewed coffee and tea.
Breakfast and dinner will be served on 6 out of 7 days and a continental breakfast will be left out on one morning.
La Rosière 1850 Resort Info
La Rosière skiing
La Rosière is lift linked with the italian resort of La Thuileand has a great snow record. The two resorts, although unlikely stablemates, form a substantial ski area with plenty of long wide runs to please intermediates. La Rosière also provides a useful gateway to some exciting heli-skiing over in Italy, enabling locals and ski holiday makers in France (where heli-skiing is banned) to heli-ski in Italy to their hearts' content (bookable through the Evolution 2 ski school), before returning to France's Tarentaise Valley. The combined area has 33 lifts and 135km of pistes.
The main draw back for those wanting to ski the Italian side is that the lift link is a long pomma lift and not suitable for beginners, young children or snowboarders not proficient in riding long pommas.
La Rosière ski resort
La Rosière, although purpose built, is a gem of quintisential alpine charm. There isn't a great deal to do off snow, although visitors are happy enough whiling away the evenings in the relaxed bars and restaurants (the Petit Danoise is popular and offers sky tv sports coverage plus internet access) The locals are friendly and the prices are cheaper than most other tarentaise resorts.
More La Rosière 1850 resort information