Travel Dates for the
I'm interested in
Chalet Hotel Sapiniere
- Sleeps 54 - 61
- Catered chalet
The Savoy nursery slopes are literally just over the road from the
hotel, from where the Savoy téléski lift whisks you up to the Brévent
gondola, to access one of the best intermediate areas in the resort. Alternatively, the ski-bus to Chamonix's other ski areas stops just 50m away.
- Main entrance, reception area, lounge, bar & dining room
- Room 35 - Twin with bath/wc/balcony.
- Room 1 - Double with bath/wc/balcony.
- Room 2 - Twin with bath/wc/balcony (Mont Blanc view)
- Rooms 3 & 37 - Double with bath/wc/balcony (Mont Blanc view)
- Room 24 - Triple (sleeps 2-3) with 3 single beds, bath/wc/balcony (Mont Blanc view)
- Rooms 25, 26, 36 & 38 - Twin with bath/wc/balcony (Mont Blanc view)
- Room 4 - Double with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 5 - Twin with bath/wc/balcony (Mont Blanc view)
- Rooms 6 & 40 - Double with bath/wc/balcony (Mont Blanc view)
- Room 27 - Triple (sleeps 2-3) with a double and single bed with bath/wc/balcony (Mont Blanc view)
- Rooms 28, 29 & 39 - Twin with bath/wc/balcony (Mont Blanc view)
- Room 41 - Triple (sleeps 2-3) with twin beds and a single in the entrance hallway, bath/wc/balcony (Mont Blanc view)
- Room 8 - Double with bath/wc
- Suite 9 - Twin bedroom and double bedroom sharing small entrance hallway, with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 30 - Triple (sleeps 2-3) with 3 single beds, bath/wc/balcony (Mont Blanc view)
- Rooms 31, 32 & 42 - Twin with bath/wc/balcony (Mont Blanc view)
- Room 43 - Double with bath/wc/balcony (Mont Blanc view)
- Room 44 - Triple (sleeps 2-3) with twin beds and a single in the entrance hallway, bath/wc/balcony (Mont Blanc view)
- Rooms 35-44 are in the wing with the lift
- Rooms 1-32 are in the other wing
- Comfortable bedrooms, all with en suite bath/shower attachment/wc, many with balcony
- Many bedrooms with views of Mont Blanc
- Comfortable lounge and bar with fireplace and free Wi-Fi
- Dining room with panoramic bay windows
- Suberb views towards Mont Blanc and the Savoy slopes
Car parking - outdoor
Cots & Linen
Highchairs in restaurant
Hotel family friendly
Offered on a catered chalet basis, your
holiday will include a cooked and continental buffet breakfast, afternoon
tea/coffee and cakes, and a 4 course dinner including Prosecco apéritif
and a choice of complimentary, quality wines followed by coffee.
Breakfast and dinner will be served on 5 out of 7 days and a continental buffet breakfast will be provided on 2 mornings.
Chamonix Resort Info
Chamonix is one of the French Alps' flagship resorts, one of its busiest hubs and has some of the best, most challenging skiing too. An expert's paradise, with extensive lift-served off-piste runs including the iconic Vallée Blanche, and some serious high altitude runs at Grands Montets and Brévent. At busy times, you can barely move around central Chamonix for all of the huge off-piste skis, serious looking backpacks and rugged mountain guides.
Chamonix can work for beginners and intermediates too though, you just need to know where to look. Le Tour and Les Houches both offer gentle terrain and tree-lined pistes where you can shelter if the weather closes in. However, you've got to understand Chamonix as it won't suit everyone. It's split into 5 distinct and very seperate ski areas and you will need to use the Chamonix Valley transport system to do the whole thing justice. Le Tour and Les Houches for example are at opposite ends of the valley, nearly 20km apart. The bus and train services are excellent, but having to travel between ski areas isn't every beginner's cup of tea.
The more adventurous will also find that Courmayeur in Italy and even Verbier in Switzerland are accessible for a day trip from Chamonix.
Chamonix is one of the finest ski resorts in the French Alps and offers something for everyone. You must be prepared to put in the effort to get the most out of Chamonix, but if you are then you will find a wealth of Alpine experiences that will have you coming back for years to come.
Chamonix ski resort
Chamonix is a large, bustling town in its own right. Totally different to the purpose built resorts on offer elsewhere in the region. It has a large year-round population and the resort amenities are like no other. The large pedestrianized centre offers a huge choice of shops, bar restuarants and nightclubs. There's even a casino and the range of off-slope activities can seem endless. If you have non-skiers in your group then Chamonix should be at the top of your list as it can keep everyone entertained.
To top it off, Chamonix is located only 1 hour from Geneva, making it one of the shortest transfers. Uniquely, Chamonix manages to combine this lighting fast transfer with true high-altitude and glacier skiing. Other resorts with similar transfer times (Morzine, for example) can't offer the same high altitude skiing.
More Chamonix resort information
Chamonix Snow & Weather
|Snow Report - 30 Apr 2018|
|Last snowed|| 10-Apr-2018|
|Fresh snow||20 cm|
|Lower slopes||80 cm|
|Upper slopes||345 cm|
|Runs to resort||Spring snow|
|Off piste snow||Best up high|
|Comments||The best conditions can be found on the upper slopes|
All snow report information supplied by SkiResort