Hotel Club Med Avoriaz
- All inclusive
Set above the clouds at 1,800 metres (1,970 ft), the archetypally Alpine resort of Avoriaz clings to the snowy mountainside and steep cliffs.
This white paradise stretches right down into the busy little streets where horsedrawn sleighs are the favoourite local transport. The Resort boasts a typically Alpine decor with its traditional wooden chalets and warm and cosy atmosphere.
The Portes du Soleil ski domain runs through the heart of this pedestrian resort and stretches right into Switzerland. Its pistes welcome families and skiers of all standards.
The hotel has 248 elegant rooms in a beautifully typical mountain setting, decorated with stylish local antiques.
- Club Room - With its delicate prints and wooden furniture, this Club Room welcomes you in an atmosphere of cosy comfort. You may want to opt for a Valley View Club Room, an interconnecting Club Room, or a Family Club Room. All including European electrical plugs / 220 Volts, Flat-screen television, Hair-dryer, Security safe(s), Shower room and Telephone.
- Deluxe Room - Contemporary design with warm colours and elegant wooden furniture. A spacious and cosy room with a view over the valley or resort. All including European electrical plugs / 220 Volts, Flat-screen television, Hair-dryer, Ironing kit, Minibar, Security safe(s), Shower room, Tea and coffee kit and Telephone.
- Suites - A spacious 49 m² Suite for premium comfort. On the top floor of the hotel, with a separate lounge, this Suite gives you a fine view over the valley or resort from the balcony. All including Bathroom (with bathtub and shower), Coffee machine, Flat-screen television, Hair-dryer, Ironing kit, Minibar, Radio CD / MP3 player, Security safe(s) and Telephone.
|The bars and restaurants cater for every palate for breakfast, lunch & dinner.
Be carefree with an all-inclusive package! You can have the freedom to enjoy drinks and snacks in all the chalet hotel bars, outside normal meal hours, and, as much as you like!
Meal times are a memorable experience. The masterful chefs offer you a choice of the world's finest cuisine with freshly-sourced produce, mouth-watering flavours and ingredients that perhaps you've never tasted before; or you can choose universal favourites such as grilled meats, pizzas and hamburgers or there's also simple, fresh and light options on offer.
Selected drinks of your choice throughout the day and night! Water, fruit juices, soft drinks, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, beer, wine, 'aperitifs', cocktails, local and international alcohol such as rum, whisky, gin, etc...
Unlimited snacks... you can indulge in whatever you fancy day and night! Gourmet moments to make the most of the chalet hotel activities at your own pace: late breakfast, late lunch, afternoon snack, nightclub nibbles... including a wide variety of sweet and savoury snacks (salads, fruits, dairy products, cookies, pizzas, hamburgers, savoury tarts, nachos, tapas, etc.)
- Return flights and transfers
- Accommodation in a standard Club room
- Full Portes du Soleil Lift Pass
- All meals, with wine, beer and soft drinks
- Open bar and snacks
- Mini Club Med® (from 4 to 10 years)
- Group classes at all levels: alpine skiing (from 4 years )
- Solarium, dance floor
- Club Med evening entertainment
Avoriaz 1800 Resort Info
Part of the vast Portes du Soleil domain, Avoriaz is arguably one of the most enjoyable resorts in the region. Sitting at 1800m it can guarantee good snow, unlike most of the other resorts. It claims to be a boarding Mecca, as the first European resort to embrace the sport. There is a specialist park, a half-pipe, a slalom course and extensive off-piste. Additionally, there is a giant "ecological park" (loads of natural modules set off-piste between the trees)called the Stash.
This also attracts better skiers, as do some great black pistes. The most notable of these is 'The Wall', which plunges you down into Switzerland and should only be tried by those with plenty of tough miles under their belts. But don't despair beginners and intermediates - there are countless motorway pistes across the whole network to get you sorted and smiling.
As a purpose-built resort, Avoriaz was one of the first to work out a largely sensible layout. There are no cars, making for a calm, safe atmosphere. Lifts are very close to the accommodation, which varies greatly depending on the age of the building. Horse-drawn sleighs are popular and very romantic in an evening after dinner. Because of its attractions, Avoriaz often gets crowded and can be expensive. There are about 25 restaurants (some good, but pricey) and reasonable nightlife. The ski school is excellent. Children are well catered for, including a very good kids' village and Geneva is only two hours away.
Overall, Avoriaz is blessed with a number of qualities to establish its excellent reputation in the region. It's good for its snow, its challenging skiing and the fact that you can always ski to your door.
More Avoriaz 1800 resort information
Avoriaz 1800 Snow & Weather
|Snow Report - 26 Apr 2018|
|Last snowed|| 05-Apr-2018|
|Fresh snow||35 cm|
|Lower slopes||250 cm|
|Upper slopes||430 cm|
|Runs to resort||Spring snow|
|Off piste snow||Varied|
|Comments||Spring conditions across the resort|
All snow report information supplied by SkiResort